Dear Very Patient Friends,
At last, we have dates to receive your donations to be shipped to the Syrian refugees!
Could you please let your members know that they can take their donations to Westminster Church on:
- Sunday, August 2, 10-11 AM
- Monday, August 3, 5-7 PM
- Tuesday, August 4, 12-2 PM
If these dates do not work for some people, we can schedule another time for them.
Please ask them to park along 13th St next to the church, and enter the blue doors of Community Hall, and carry the items into the classrooms closest to the door. We will be there to greet them.
Also could you please remind them that the greatest needs are:
- Pain relief (aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofen), bandaids, hydrocortisone cream, topical antibiotic cream, vitamins, bars of soap,
- Coats, jackets (clean)
- Boots, sturdy, practical shoes (in good condition)
- Blankets and sleeping bags (in good condition)
- Hand tools: hammers, nails, screwdrivers, pliers, hand saws...( this is a new request)
- Gently used clean practical clothing
- Wheelchairs, crutches, portable commodes, walkers
- Sewing machines and supplies
(Best to put soft items in kitchen size plastic bags and hard objects in cardboard boxes.)
- Any cash donations (checks to Naranj Tree Foundation) to help defray the cost of shipping (a good thing to ask of those who do not have items to donate)
- Anyone willing to help transport the donations to a warehouse near King of Prussia where they are sorted and packed into a semi-truck sized container starting on Thursday, August 6
Thank you so much for spreading the word and asking for donations for the refugees. I love that we are an interfaith group working together for a just cause.
For more information, please email me at email@example.com or text me at 302-354-8358.
Peace and best wishes,