CBS Severe Weather
WHAT DETERMINES IF WE OPEN OR CLOSE ON WEEKDAYS:
- Whether we open or close is dependent upon the Brandywine School District –
If the Brandywine School District closes, we are closed (all services, programs, offices, and Hebrew school), or,
- If the Governor declares A Level 1 Alert, we are closed.
- If the Brandywine School District has a two-hour delay, we will cancel morning minyan, but open the building at 11:00 am. In this case, all staff should report to work at 11:00 am.
WHAT DETERMINES IF WE CLOSE ON WEEKENDS:
- We close if there is a Level 1 Alert declared by the Governor.
- Based on weather, road conditions, etc., CBS will make the call to have a delayed opening or close if there is no Level 1 Alert.
- A closure means all programs and services, including the Hebrew School.
HOW DO I FIND OUT ABOUT BRANDYWINE’S DECISION TO CLOSE:
- Tune to the radio: either 93.7 FM WSTW or 1150 AM WDEL, both of which list school closings.
- Go on the internet: to WDEL website for SnoWatch and school closings.
- Tune to the TV: to Action News, Channel 6 (WPVI-ABC), or,
- Call our Chai Line 302-654-4462, ext. 18.
- We will also send an e-mail or other notice to all families that have e-mail addresses with us.
Please Note: CBS reserves the right to make an independent decision to open, close, or delay, at our discretion. For example, we might have to close, if our parking lot is icy and hazardous, although the roads may be clear.
It is each congregant’s responsibility to check these sources regarding our status.