The CBS Library has an extensive Judaica collection for adults, including fiction, biography, other nonfiction and reference materials. There is a picture book collection organized to make it easy to find books about Jewish holidays, holy days, and other topics. We also have a section for young readers.
Our library is located in the front of the building (along 18th Street) on the second floor, in same corner as the sanctuary below. It is open available whenever synagogue staff are present and is set up for self-service.
You can see what’s in our collection by searching the our online catalog below.
To contact a member of the Library Committee, please e-mail Diane W., volunteer librarian and archivist, or click here.
- Select the books you’d like to check out (limit 5 books)
- Find your blue* membership card listed alphabetically in the long bamboo box
- Remove the white circulation card(s) from the back of the book(s)
- Paper clip your blue card to the circulation cards
- Place your blue and white cards in the square bamboo box. The loan period is 4 weeks
- Please leave returned books on the cart
* Can’t find your membership card?
Take a plain blue card from the back of the box and print your:
- Phone number
- Email address
Then follow directions above (clip blue to white circulation cards, etc.)