High Holy Days 5781
1. CHOOSE YOUR IDEAL LOCATION
- Find a location that is well-lit with natural sunlight or plenty of indoor lighting.
- Choose a quiet location with little background noise.
- Avoid spaces with lots of echo, carpeting is good.
- If possible, turn off air conditioners and heaters to avoid fan noise.
- Provide a place to stand or seat for yourself that is comfortable and quiet.
2. SETTING UP YOUR PHONE / CAMERA
- Set your laptop, phone, or camera on a tripod or steady surface 6ft away from you, 3-6ft high.
- Shoot horizontally (use landscape mode and avoid portrait mode).
- Position camera at eye level -
(if you can, avoid angles where the camera lens is looking up or down on you).
- Choose a non-distracting background (avoid windows, posters/signs that can be read etc).
- Position yourself so windows are facing you.
- Avoid back light (light that is behind you) and overhead lights.
4. CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES
- Clothing with patterns/colors with a plain background are good.
- Plain clothing against complicated backgrounds are good.
- Clothing with a pop of color against a plain background is best.
A FEW OTHER HELPFUL HINTS
- Familiarize yourself with the Zoom application beforehand.
- Ask a friend/family member to assist you while you accept your honor.
- Speak clearly and slowly. It is better to take your time than rush.
- Get on EARLY. Services may be running fast or late; there is no exact time for your honor.
- Before and after your honor, be sure to use mute.